Sunday, July 15, 2007

vacation!

Last weekend we went on a mini-vacation to Door County. We stayed at a really nice bed & breakfast, called the Eagle Harbor Inn, it looks much better in person than on the web site. The food there was really yummy, we ate full breakfasts on the patio every morning. Well, I would walk around, and mommy & daddy would eat breakfast.



We saw this rainbow as we drove in the first day:



The first day there, we went to Peninsula State Park and mommy & daddy brought their bikes and rented a bike trailer to take me along on a 10-mile bike trail through the park. At first, I was scared to get in it...but once mommy pretended to leave without me, I was convinced. It was really fun, I got to go up and down hills really fast. We stopped so I could play on a playground, and stopped at a beach, and I even got a chance to take a lazy nap, while mommy pulled me around.

We also went swimming in the pool at the hotel, and walked on beaches. I loved chasing the "fu-flies" (butterflies) on the beach. They would never sit still though, and made me do a lot of running. Daddy took a lot of video of me, but of course it is still on the video camera.



A nature preserve...this is walking to it, from the beach:



I would never stand still, I didn't want mommy to get too good of a picture!





On our last night there it was mommy's birthday, so we went to dinner at a really nice restaurant called Mission Grille. It was mommy's choice, and she kept saying how much she loved it, and how everything was so good. But, I did not want her to enjoy her time too much and forget about me, so for the first 45 minutes I walked around, and refused to sit. We were sitting outside, so I kept going inside, and trying to see what was going on in the kitchen. Finally at the end, I decided to sit at our table, and ate most of our shared berry cobbler dessert.

This is across from our bed & breakfast. The day was overcast, but the water was actually clear and blue:



If you look carefully, you can see the little town, of Ephraim, that we stayed in:



Mommy and daddy kept saying how their favorite part about Door County was that there were no chains. No Starbucks, no McDs, no strip malls, no hotel chains. It was really nice, and I know mommy is already talking about how she wants to go back up there when the leaves are turning. I want more yummy ice cream and cherries. I can't wait to go back too!

No comments: