Monday, March 24, 2008

I'm 3!!!

I am 3 years old!!

(the necklace is from one of my Barbies, and I insisted on wearing it. I thought it would look good with this dress)

I know that being 3 makes my mommy a little sad. She thinks I am going to grow up to fast and leave her. But I remind her every day that I love her and give her a big hug. I think that makes her really happy.

This is the first year my birthday fell on a weekday, and that weekday happened to be right in the middle of my week-long episode of the flu. Luckily, I was healthy by my birthday which was on the following Sunday. Unfortunately, my birthday is in the middle of flu season, and out of 7 friends that were supposed to come...only 2 were healthy and able to make it, my BFF, Lily, and my good friend, JD.

Grandma Joy was here for the party too, and so was Aunt Lesley. I was so happy to have my family here. I wish I could see them more often.

Even though the party was smaller than planned, I still had a totally fun time. I got to eat lots of pizza, lots of cake, and open lots of presents, and play with my friends. Mommy and daddy decorated with lots of balloons, and we loved carrying them all over the house.



This year, mommy was sure not to get a blue cake like last year since blue ended up everywhere. This year, she made sure it was mostly white, but still cool:


I got to pick out my plates and napkins, which had girlie skull and crossbones on them.

Let's take a look at my first 2 birthdays:

And now - I am a little neater..don't you agree?



I received tons of great presents this year. One of my absolute favorites is my new Playmobil dollhouse that Grandpa Jerry sent. It only took mommy and daddy 2 hours to put together. The plane was from mommy and daddy:


2 comments:

Lisah0822 said...

such a beauty!!! i love all the pics. and i LOVE Zoe's dress. "when" i have a girl, you have to save it for me, k?
;-)

Jen said...

Zoe, I just love your birthday dress! You look like such a big girl now...I love the photos from your 1st and 2nd b-day parties. :)

Jen