Thursday, January 15, 2009

Xmas 2008

Aunt Debbie came to stay with us again for xmas, and we were all so happy.  She arrived Dec. 23rd.  It was a bit touch and go for a while.  First Aunt Debbie didn't know if she could get a ticket because she just got laid-off, and then once she did, the weather was so bad, she ended up coming in, several hours later and to a different airport.

But eventually, mommy and me picked her up at O'Hare and went to Chicago for lunch at one of mommy's favorite places, Handlebar for some yummy fish tacos for mommy and smoked gouda mac 'n cheese for me.  But we could not stay downtown for long, because it was just too chilly.  So, we drove home, picked daddy up from work, and got in our pajamas.


The next day, mommy, Aunt Debbie and me made cookies for Santa.  We wanted to make sure he knew I was a good girl when he got to our house so I would get lots of presents.  We put out cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.




Even though it was freezing out, we drove to Santa's village to see him again before he set off for his night to give presents...but we got there and it was closed..I guess he wanted a head start in the cold weather.  

Here are mommy and Aunt Debbie outside Santa's village:


I kept telling mommy I was going to come downstairs when I heard Santa so I could give him a big hug.  I kept waiting to hear the sleigh bells on the roof, this was the biggest night of my life. But, before I knew it, it was morning, and I slept through it all!!  But I went downstairs, and saw lots of presents, all for me!!  Well, most of them were!!

I got a come Playmobil stuff, Doctor Who Donna, Ariel, the mermaid, a Cinderella Barbie from Aunt Debbie, a Calico Critters playschool set, a wooden toolkit, and lots more!!

And Santa and his reindeer ate most of what I left, except for a few crumbs!! See, I knew they were here!!






Being silly with some of my toys:


Mommy spent most of the day cooking a huge feast.

 

And the next day we had friends over to celebrate Boxing Day.  Daddy's friends, Steve and Natalee brought me lots presents too, I just wish it would never end.

The day Aunt Debbie had to leave it warmed up so much, it was so foggy, so again her flight was cancelled.  We all got in the car to drive her to the airport in Milwaukee..only to get to the exit for the airport and have to turn around.  It was OK for me, I slept in the car!  She ended up going home later that night from Chicago.  I was very sad to see her leave, and hopes she comes back to visit soon.  I had a lot of fun with Aunt Debbie!!







No comments: