Mommy decided that our bi-weekly playdate with Lily, and her mommy, Julie, and Julie's mom this week, would be at the Lincoln Park Zoo.
I finally got to leave the confines of our house from the bitter cold. Since it was so sunny and nice out, I decided to let it slide and not complain when I had to get taken in and out of the car numerous times...first for lunch, and then the zoo.
First, we went to the African house and saw lots of cool things. I even heard my mommy say that in all the time she has been in Chicago, she has never been to that exhibit either. We saw a warthog and a crocodile, and lots of fish. The meerkats must of been sleeping. But the most scary thing of all...was the hippo. I thought we were just looking at a fish tank, and then all of the sudden a hippo puts its nose up to the glass and shows its teeth. I went running, and mom had to chase me.


We saw lots of neat things that afternoon...giraffes, monkeys, birds, penguins (my current fav), lions, tigers, spiders, an anteater. When we were outside, Lily and I got to run around together. We tried to escape, but our mommies caught us.
We walked by the gift shop, and I saw the cutest toy dogs in the window, I pointed and begged, but mean mommy wouldn't take me inside.That was a really fun day. 3 days later, we had a a huge blizzard/snow storm, and again, we are stuck in the house.
I hope the weather gets warm again soon, I am ready to explore the new neighborhood with my tricycle!
No comments:
Post a Comment